Friday, January 4, 2013

Why I'm starting the Paleo Diet

Happy 2013! Many of us have made resolutions for 2013. Eat better, exercise, limit the alcohol, stop smoking, get out of credit card debt, be nicer, do more charity work etc. I make resolutions every year on New Year's Eve and throughout the year. My philosophy is that when you want to make a change, don't wait to make it - make it right away. That is how I have come to the Paleo Diet. I decided in the fall of 2012 that I was going to give Crossfit a try. I go to the gym and work out and also enjoy taking group exercise classes. I get a good workout but I wasn't seeing any results on the scale. After months of being a little lazy with my workouts I decided that I needed a change. That is when I took a free class at Crossfit with my roommate and decided to commit to the $100 plus dollars a month on membership! My roommate Ali has been an avid member of the Crossfit Community for the past year and has seen great results. She has also adapted the Paleo diet lifestyle and has seen benefits as well. I'm on month number 3 of Crossfit and though clothes are fitting better I haven't seen the results I would like to. That is why I'm starting the Paleo diet now! This blog will no doubt reflect my highs and lows with changing my diet habits and adapting the Paleo Diet. I hope to share many sucesses along the way but I also will be honest wtih my struggles as I love Carbs and Sweets and this new lifesyle does not allow for the majority of my facorite Foods! Keep Calm and Resolution!

No comments:

Post a Comment