Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bagels and Pizza Oh My!

I've come to realize that my diet failures have probably come from work. Today there were Bagels Bagels and then Pizza! The temptation is all around. As I ate my eggs for breakfast and salad at lunch I realized that I do love WHITE carbs and I've always caved in and ate them. No more... white carbs will be saved for special occasions not just a back to work after a long weekend day! ha. As I'm tying this, the smell of cheese pizza and garlic knots is sending me into a trance. I actually caught myself taking a longer sniff just to smell the beautiful smells of cheese, cause and garlic! Thanks a lot EMILY!!! I'm over it. I'm going to home to eat a lovely healthy dinner with some plantain chips and guacamole on the side! I thought I had weened myself off the iced coffee but I was wrong. Today I've had a terrible headache all day. Maybe it's the lack of caffiene or maybe that is is 10 degrees outside and the barametric pressure is down ( I sound like my mother). I found a new recipe I want to try. If anyone tries it before i comment on it please let me know. Keep Calm and NO WHITE CARBS!!! http://paleomg.com/my-new-go-to-meal/ My New Go-To Meal Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 20 mins Serves: 1 Ingredients •1 cup brussel sprouts, cut into fourths •1 Applegate Chicken Apple Sausage, sliced •1 piece of bacon, cut in half •1 garlic clove, minced •4 tablespoons Tessamae’s Zesty Ranch •salt and pepper, to taste Instructions 1.Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add 4 tablespoons of zesty ranch to the pan along with the minced garlic clove. Then toss in your brussel sprouts. 2.Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the brussel sprouts and let them sit for a couple minutes until they begin to burn just a bit. 3.Use a spoon or a flip of your wrist to turn the brussel sprouts over to cook on the other side. 4.Once the brussel sprouts have been flipped, add in a tablespoon of water and cover the pan with a lid. Keep an eye on them, being sure to move them around once more so the little guys don’t stick to the pan. 5.While the brussel sprouts finish cooking, add a medium skillet over medium-high heat. 6.Add your piece of bacon that has been cut in half to the pan. As soon as the fat begins to render out into the pan, add the sliced chicken sausage. 7.Once your bacon is ready to flip, flip the bacon along with the sausage to cook on opposite side. 8.When your brussel sprouts are soft enough to stick a fork through, remove from heat, salt and pepper once more, then place in bowl. 9.Top with your cooked bacon and sausage. 10.Done and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment