Saturday, January 26, 2013

Dinner parties!

Dinner parties are so fun! I love hosting and I love going to them. Being on this Whole 30 challenge has proven to be a little difficult. There are so many tasty foods that are not whole 30 approved. Dips, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, and of course desserts! Tonight I went to a dinner party with work friends. Some are current colleagues and others are friends who left the company over the past year. Those i work with now know of me diet and were very supportive. Those who I hadn't seen where very interested in learning about it and complimented me on saying I'm looking skinny! Skinny - I wouldn't say that but clothes are definitely fitting better!
I knew the menu beforehand and the host was awesome in letting me know all the ingredients. I didn't want to show up and not eat anything so I made sure to bring some foods I new I could eat. I ate prior to going as well so I wouldn't be hungry and tempted to cheat. I also brought flavored seltzer with me so that I would be able to have a drink besides water. The party was great. To compromise - I took home a small piece of the hosts famous joe Torre corn bread - it is out of this world good. I put it in the freezer and I will enjoy it in 10 days!!! Dinner parties can still be fun on the paleo challenge you just have to prep in advance!
Keep calm and dinner party on!

No comments:

Post a Comment