Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Resisted Crumb Cupcakes!

Another Big Win Today... I RESISTED Crumb Cupcakes!!! Today is one of my most favorite people at work Birthday - Happy Birthday Lori! Though we normally celebrate co-workers birthday with one big Monthly celebration the team decided to do something a little special for our friend today. Lori is the most positive uplifting person I know. Her glass is always full and her positive attiude, can do style is infectious at work! I know I am a better person for being her friend. As part of her birthday celabration, the team decided to bring in mini Crumbs Cupcakes! OMG - the tini goodness sitting right ouside my desk. As you may or may not know.. Cupcakes are my favorite dessert! Hands down - I LOVE cupcakes. Resisiting this little morsel of goodness was a big accomplishment. While everyone debated over which cupcake or 2 to try I peeled my orange and enjoyed that. Another really long day at work working on the same project but I left before 8 tonight to get home and make a Green Sauce that I recently tried. The real name is Guasacaca Sauce. Below is the recipe that I made. It is Ahhmazzing!!!! I totally reccomend everyone to try it. I put it on a hamburger and it was almost better than a burger from Shake Shack! Today is day 10 of the challenge. It is definitely getting easier to make the right food choices. I'm feeling great, clothes are fitting better and I'm motivated to keep up the challenge. Keep Calm and Green Sauce! Green Sauce Recipe: Ingredients 1 medium onion, roughly chopped 2 green peppers, seeded, deveined, and roughly chopped 2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded 2 cloves garlic 1/2 bunch fresh parsley leaves 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro leaves 1/3 cup red wine vinegar 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1 cup olive oil Directions Put everything except the olive oil into a food processor and process until mostly smooth. Add the olive oil in a stream with the processor running and process until smooth. Let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour for the flavors to blend. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve sauce at room temperature with meats, fish, or vegetable chips. If made in advance, store, covered, in the refrigerator, but bring to room temperature before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment