Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Whole30 may have saved me from the flu

I'm thinking being on this whole30 challenge may have saved me from getting the flu. Over the weekend one of the parties I went to seems many people have gotten sick flu like symptoms afterwards. Last night I felt really tired and a little achy and chills. I put myself to bed a little before 9pm. I immediately fell asleep but woke up a few times super thirty for water and with chills. When the alarm went off at 6:15am the chills were gone but I was a little nauseous. I ate 2 pieces of bacon for breakfast and brought my hard boiled eggs to work. I can always rat bacon :) Around 10am I was feeling better and ate my egg and 1/2 a banana. I really wanted ginger ale and chicken soup but I know I can't have the ginger ale and the cafeterias soup would definitely not be paleo approved. Luckily my leftover chicken pesto hit the spot and I feel 100% better. So while friends are still feeling sick today my little bug was less than 24hours. I'm thinking because I didn't eat any of the community foods like chips, dips, or pizza at the party maybe that's why I didn't get sicker. Thank you whole30 paleo challenge!
Keep calm and whole30 strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment