Thursday, January 10, 2013

My New Personal Best

In any other diet that I've done that has involved limiting or removing something like bread or cheese the longest I've lasted is 3 days. Yup - 3 days and I gave in. I am happy to report that I am now on my personal best of 4 days!!!! woo hoo, it's not been an easy 4 days but I'm very proud of myself for setting a new personal best. Today was the 4th day of feeling nauseous so I posted to my crossfit community on facebook the question asking if anyone else was feeling the same. Surprisingly there were a few others who also didn't feel to well either. The conclusion was 1) i'm not eating enough or 2) i'm getting sick. For the first time in my life I actually think it's 1 - I'm not eating enough!! Could it be? I'm not eating enough and as a result my body is trying to over compensate and I'm feeling nauseaous? I forced myself to eat a delicious grilled chicken salad and apple with almond butter and an hour later I was feeling SOOO much better! I think I just needed to get over the first days and allow my body to adjust and now I can be on track to feeling better and not craving carbs and sweets so much. I do really really really want a piece of toast but I'm not caving in. I'm on my new personal best of sticking to a diet/lifestyle and I'm not giving up now. I've had a hard week at work and I just took on a new project that I'm actually really nervous about. Normally with the stress of this new project I'd come home and have a glass of wine. Tonight I'm having seltzer in my Wine Glass and it feels good. Keep Calm and Beat Your Personal Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment